Unit 3 Introduction- Ethical Aspects of Research and Evidence Based Practice 900w
Locate a research study that was written 2015 or later on your topic of choice. Explore the research study and review the participants, procedures (methods section) of the article. Then, answer the following questions related to your selected article/study (Be sure to cite the article in APA format provide and a link to your article. You must incorporate information from the textbook chapter 9 Ethics in Research section to respond to the questions.
- Describe the participant protections provided by the researchers for participants.
- How were the participants selected? elaborate on the selection and inclusion process used? How might this impact ethical principles within the study?
- Would the participants in this study be considered “vulnerable”? Why or why not? Reflect on the Declaration of Helsinki within your textbook to support your thoughts.
- Based on the readings in your textbook what constitutes vulnerable populations and what laws, or actions are in place to protect such population. Nursing homework help
- Were participants subjected to any physical harm or discomfort or psychological distress as part of the study? If not provide a historical example where this was the case. What efforts did the researchers make to minimize harm to research participants and protect them?
- Does the report discuss steps that were taken to protect the privacy and confidentiality of study participant?
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.