Need Part 3 And 4 Done Part 1 And 2 Attached.
ACG 4501– WRITING PROJECT AND PRESENTATION
You will be using the information in Ch 10 on ratios (specifically Illustration 10-4) to analyze the government-wide financial statements for a sample city for a 3 year period.
COURSE OBJECTIVES COVERED: 1, 2, 6
· This project is split into four (4) parts with one (1) part due each week of the course. Based on your readings, use of technology, research of literature, and other sources do the following:
o Part 1- Write a 1-2 page analysis discussing the unique elements of governmental accounting in addition to how ratios can be used to analyze government wide financial statements. Include at least 5 ratios as examples in your summary.
o Part 2- You will analyze the government-wide financial statements for the City of Arborland for a 3 year period. Use Exercise 10-20 on page 436 in your textbook as a guide. You will find the Statements of Net Position and Statements of Activities for FY 2015, 2016, and 2017 on pages 437-440. You will complete parts a & b of Exercise 10-20 using the Excel template found above. Parts a & b require you to calculate financial ratios for FY 2015, 2016, and 2017. Prepare your ratios in a presentable spreadsheet that will be included with your paper in week 3 and in your presentation in week 4.
o Part 3 – Provide an overall assessment of the city’s financial condition to the City Commissioner using the information provided, both financial and non-financial. Be sure to reference how GASB standards are reflected in the financial statements and what role GASB plays in the financial reporting process. Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length and follow APA guidelines.
o Part 4- Present your project to the class for discussion.
· The report should be should be 4-5 pages (not including cover page, abstract, or references)
· Include the Excel spreadsheet(s) as exhibits in your paper
· Include a minimum of 3 scholarly sources from the KU Library
o All sources used are to be cited in APA format
o Please use the writing center if needed
· You will be using Excel to create the exhibit to your paper
· You will be presenting your findings from the project to the class using the voice-over feature in PowerPoint or YouTube. Please be sure the audio is clear and the file or link is accessible in the Week 4 Presentation discussion board.
· You will be collaborating with other classmates on their presentations and answering any questions about your own presentation.
ASSIGNMENT DUE ON THUERDAY ON EVERY WEEK:
· Week 1: Submit your part 1 summary
· Week 2: Submit your part 2 completed Excel template
· Week 3: Submit your analysis
· Week 4: Present and discuss your project