Writing Six: The Literature Review Assignment
A literature review is a descriptive summary of research on a topic that has previously been studied. The purpose of a literature review is to inform readers of the significant knowledge and ideas that have been established on a topic. Its purpose is to compare, contrast and/or connect findings that were identified when reviewing researchers’ work. Oftentimes, literature reviews are written to ground a study in a particular context of what is known about a subject in order to establish a foundation for the topic (or question) being researched.
The purpose of this assignment is to facilitate your abilities to research a topic of study so you can learn to (1) identify and formulate an inquiry question that defines what you’d like to learn, (2) apply your knowledge on reading research that you’ve learned in class, (3) analyze information found in educational journal articles, and (4) synthesize new knowledge into a written small-scale literature review. Management homework help
For this assignment you are asked to complete a small-scale literature review on an educational topic of your choice. You are asked to locate at least 7 educational journal articles on your topic and write a 4 -5-page literature review on the articles you’ve selected.
Steps to complete your small-scale literature review:
- Choose an educational topic that you are interested in studying.
- Formulate an inquiry question that specifically describes what would like to know about your educational topic.
- Go to the library to search for and locate journals that include your topic’s information.
- Find articles, read the abstracts and skim the articles to determine if they correspond well to your topic AND inquiry question.
- Select at least 7 journal articles and photocopy them for your project.
- Read your articles and begin to sort and classify them according to their findings.
- Organize your articles by sorting and classifying their findings in a meaningful way, always considering your original topic and inquiry question.
- Write an outline for your small-scale literature review.
- Write your review.
- Upload your Review on ELearning by March 7
The literature review should be 4-5 pages.