Nursing 5000: Role of the Advance Practiced Nurse
The “Pulse” Check. Where are you in your journey and how are you doing?
DQ2 of Week 5 is an opportunity for you to self-assess and reflect on your journey. You can write about it or you can share a created video (you-tube) expressing your navigation through the Role course. Model from the scripts in this week, but be specific to your experience.
Evaluate how you have achieved course competencies and your plans to develop further in these areas. The course competencies for this course are as follows:
1. Explore the historical evolution of the advance practice nurse.
2. Differentiate the roles and scope of practice for nurses working in advanced clinical, education, administration, informatics, research, and health policy arenas.
3. Analyze attributes of the practice arena such as access and availability, degree of consumer choice, competition, and financing that impact advanced practice nurses and their ability to effectively collaborate with other health professionals.
4. Integrate evidence from research and theory into discussions of practice competencies, health promotion and disease prevention strategies, quality improvement, and safety standards.
5. Identify collaborative, organizational, communication, and leadership skills in working with other professionals in healthcare facilities and/or academic institutions.
6. Synthesize knowledge from values theory, ethics, and legal/regulatory statutes in the development of a personal philosophy for a career as an advanced practice nurse.
One page; APA Format