Explain the teaching/learning tool development and the rationale for its creation. Use scientific literature to support your development decisions.. Learning/Teaching/Analysis Project
PURPOSE: The purpose of this senior project is to identify a clinically-focused teaching/learning need, create a tool to address the need, and implement the use of the tool with the targeted population.
Before you start writing this paper Project, please read and follow the RUBRIC TEACHING ANALYSIS (attached).
Please Remember when you’re writing that the Teaching/Learning Project should be written as if you are presenting the teaching at my student clinical rotation setting (Medical-surgical/Orthopedics unit). The target population are the diabetic elderly: age 40 and above. Please write thoughtfully and thoroughly. Remember to use the minimum health literacy level without medical jargons when presenting the teaching to the target population.
Please follow all instructions and discuss all points to the specifications. Please see other uploaded materials, and guidance for this paper project.
POINT VALUE: 125 points
DIRECTIONS AND PROCESS: part one of the paper (This is already done).
1. Collaborate with your preceptor and possibly other healthcare professionals to identify a clinically significant teaching/learning need and the target population. (NOTE: This may be a patient need, family need, or professional health care provider need).
2. Obtain instructor approval for your topic and target population (5 points) by assigned date.
part two of the paper
3. Complete a literature review on the topic to support your development of a specific learning tool.
4. Submit reference list by assigned date (3/5/16) (10 points) References must not be older than 2010. Per RUBRIC:
Minimum of 3 recent (2010-2016) articles from peer reviewed journals.
Please list all journal articles using correct APA formatting. In addition, list (per APA) any websites that you will be using. (10 points)
Part three of the paper
5. Develop the teaching/learning tool. (submit a copy of your Learning tool)
Part four of the paper
6. Present the teaching/learning tool to the target population.
7. Assess and evaluate the presentation of the teaching learning tool and identify suggestions for future use.
Part five of the paper Academic Paper Component (Use Instructions below to write the paper)
8. Complete the academic paper component (80 points) of the project. (Complete this written component as you progress through the identification, development and delivery of the teaching/learning tool).
9. SUBMIT a copy of your learning tool (30 points).
ACADEMIC PAPER COMPONENT:
1. Define the teaching/learning need
2. Describe how you
a. identified the teaching/learning need (review the collaboration process with your preceptor and/or other)
b. assessed the scope and breadth of the teaching/learning need
3. Explain the teaching/learning tool development and the rationale for its creation. Use scientific literature to support your development decisions.
4. Assess how well your project was received and its suitability for future use and/or revision. Integrate the nursing interventions of communication and teaching.
5. Reflect on this teaching/learning process from inception of idea to delivery of content. In doing so, interweave the concepts of collaboration, conceptualization and critical thinking (be sure to use these terms).
6. Write a conclusion (note your take away and suggestions for further use or revisions)
Explain the teaching/learning tool development and the rationale for its creation. Use scientific literature to support your development decisions.