Search the Internet for an article about a recent environmental disaster.
Consider the following questions as you read the article:
- How did human actions contribute to this disaster?
- Which biotic and abiotic factors were involved?
- How did the disaster affect the flow of materials and energy in the ecosystem
Review the Crash Course: Ecology videos on the Khan Academy website.
Consider the following questions as you watch the videos:https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology/crash-course-bio-ecology
- How do biotic and abiotic environmental components interact, and how does this affect population growth and regulation?
- How have human activities affected ecosystems and the biosphere?
- How do energy and materials flow in an ecosystem?