Scenario: Steven’s Behavior
Three-year-old Steven loves the block area. The educators, Ms. Barbara and Mr. Jason, change the materials bimonthly. Cars, farm animals, community helpers, and dinosaurs are some of the topics and materials that have been incorporated into the Block Center. Steven is excited about each one. He sits on the carpet with his Center Card and anxiously waits to be released to Center Time. When his name is called, Steven rushes to the block area. Steven is happy when he places his Center Card in one of the four available spots. While in the Block Center, he interacts, shares, and cooperates with peers. However, when it is time to transition to Bathroom and Handwashing, Steven refuses to clean up the materials. He folds his arms, stomps, and says, “NO, I don’t want to!” He pushes any peers that are near him. Education homework help
Some days, Steven does not get his Center Card in place before his peers, and the Block Center is full. Steven stomps, yells, and tries to replace a peer’s card with his own. Recently, he began to push peers out of the block center in an attempt to make room for himself.
Assess Steven’s behavior in the scenario and write a report on your assessment.
- Choose two direct guidance strategies to respond to Steven’s behavior when he needs to transition from blocks.
- Choose two direct guidance strategies to respond to Steven’s behavior when he does not achieve a spot in the Block Center.
- Guidance strategies should NOT include closing the Block Center.
- For each guidance strategy, address the following:
- What will the educators do and say before, during, and after guidance strategy implementation?
- What are the expected results of the guidance strategy?
- What are Steven’s possible reactions after two weeks of guidance strategy implementation?
- What will the educators do next?
Guidance strategies need to be supported by a minimum of 3 credible resources. Use in-text citations where appropriate.
Your submission should be 3-5 pages of written content. Be sure to proofread your work for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Include an APA formatted title page and reference page. Education homework help