Assignment 3: Presenting Your Historical Topic
Due: Week 10
Skill(s) Being Assessed: Problem Solving, Communication, Technology
Criteria for Success: In this assignment, you will:
- Organize and effectively communicate your main ideas through visual presentation in a PPT.
- Make a clear connection between historical strategies and current issues.
- Clearly and effectively create an oral presentation that is in harmony with the visual slides.
- Use evidence from previous assignments in the course to support claims.
- Properly identify sources in SWS style.
What to submit/deliverables: PowerPoint presentation with voice-over in Week 10 Assignment of Blackboard.
What is the value of doing this assignment? This assignment gives you an opportunity to practice the skills of communication, technology, and problem solving. It will show that you can use the work you completed earlier in the course and present it in a well-organized and clearly communicated presentation in PowerPoint. Communication, technology, and problem solving are universal skills and ones you will continue to refine as you progress throughout your career. This assignment asks you to use what you’ve learned throughout the course to gather credible evidence using your problem-solving skills, form an argument using the critical thinking process, and present your argument using your communication and technology skills. The good news is that you’ve already laid the foundation with the webtext activities in Chapters 7, 8, and 9. This assignment will use what you started to format in PowerPoint in those activities to help you record your oral presentation and finalize your presentation. Biology homework help
Your goal for this assignment is to: Practice your communication, technology, and problem-solving skills. You will do this by applying what you know about PowerPoint and effective oral communication.
What you need to complete this assignment:
- Your chosen topic and sources from Chapters 1–3 of the webtext.
- The argument you formed in Chapters 4–6 of the webtext.
- The PowerPoint presentation you created in Weeks 7–9.
- The PowerPoint presentation you finalized in Week 10 with your voice-over recording.
- Your completed assignment, uploaded and submitted to Assignment 3 in Week 10 of Blackboard.
Steps to complete: In Week 10, complete the assignment and submit it to the Week 10 Assignment 3 link in Blackboard using the following steps:
STEP 1: Review the scenario:
Imagine you represent your company at a service organization dealing with one of these two issues: Facing Economic Change or Engaging Civil Rights. Your supervisor has asked you to research information related to the history of one of these issues for your organization to help new employees and volunteers understand it better. Your predecessor already started a list of sample primary and secondary sources and collections of sources.
In this assignment, you will take the final step in creating your presentation to help new employees and volunteers understand how historical events can be applied to one of the issues currently affecting your organization. Biology homework help
STEP 2: Use the guidance in Chapters 7, 8, and 9 to build your PowerPoint presentation. The presentation should be 7–11 slides and incorporate the evidence and arguments from Assignments 1 and 2.
- Be certain you include:
- Title slide.
- Sources slide.
- Topic slide.
- Evidence slides with evidence and visuals.
- Slide that connects past events to current state for the topic focus you identified in Week 2.
STEP 3: Prepare notes for your oral presentation and add them to the presenter notes in PowerPoint.
STEP 4: Record a short (3–5 minute) presentation on your topic using the argument you created in Assignment 2 and the guidance provided in Chapter 10. Remember that your audience is new employees where you work.
STEP 5: Upload your assignment to Assignment 3 in Week 10 of Blackboard.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Biology homework help
Grading for this assignment will be based on the following rubric:
Assignment 3 Rubric