Finish The Homework
The purpose of this exercise is to help solidify many of the ethical concepts we have studied. This questionnaire is particularly important as many of the answers to the Final Exam are found in the completion of this questionnaire.
Please answer in complete sentences. Bullet point and short answers will not count for marks. Note: these answers are to be written in your own words. Copying from the internet or re-writing the words that are the course notes will not be accepted for marks.
Introduction to Ethics
- In your own words define Morality.
- Where does the term “Ethics” come from? Explain the difference between ethics and morals?
- What is “axiology”? Applied Sciences homework help
- In your own words explain Meta-ethics.
- Explain what Virtue ethics
- Explain the difference between Moral virtues and Intellectual virtues
- Explain what Consequentialism means.
- Justify how under consequential ethics the consequences of one’s conduct are the ultimate basis for any judgment about the rightness or wrongness of that conduct.
- Why is it that, from a Consequentialist standpoint, a morally right act (or omission from acting) is one that will produce a good outcome, or consequence.
- What is egoism and selfishness, and how do they differ?
- In what situation would an egoist decide that a lie is morally wrong?
- What is the invisible hand?
- Provide a definition for Utilitarianism.
- What are some motives that may lead someone to live the life of an altruist?
- Under Utilitarianism what does a morally correct action produce?
- What is a “global ethics”?
- What are two advantages of a utilitarian ethics when compared with an ethics of duties? Applied Sciences homework help
Non-Consequential Ethics Course Pack
- In your own words define Normative Ethics.
- What does Deontological mean?
- Explain how, if followings the rule or moral law under Deontological ethics, an act can be considered right even if the act produces a bad consequence.
- Explain what Rights are. What is the basis for Rights ethics?
- What does it mean to treat equals equally and unequals unequally?
- In your own words explain ethics based on Duties.
- What is a libertarianism?
- Explain the concept of positive and negative rights? Applied Sciences homework help