The Vegetarian Society defines vegetarians as individuals that eat no meat, poultry, fish, or seafood. They do not eat any slaughter byproducts such as gelatin or animal fats. Vegans are defined as vegetarians that eat no dairy or egg products as well.
Topic 1: A Vegetarian Diet
Discuss the following in your initial post:
1. What does a vegan eat?
2. Why do people choose to become vegetarian? What are the right or wrong reasons?
3. Is meat important in your culture? Why or why not?
4. Would you ever consider going vegetarian or vegan? If you already are a vegetarian, what made you choose this lifestyle?
5. How would your family react if you chose to eat vegetarian or vegan? If you are already a vegetarian, how did your family react to your choice?
6. What nutritional concerns would you have for a growing teenager if they choose a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle?
· to get involved throughout the entire week
· to contribute in a way that adds to the discussion and moves it forward in an original fashion
· to use the course content to form your posts and responses
As a guideline, should be at least 150 words and
Grosvenor, M., & Smolin, L. (2015). Visualizing nutrition: Everyday choices, (3rd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.